Get your COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Click on your county to find information for getting vaccinated: HAYS COUNTY, TRAVIS COUNTY, HARRIS COUNTY, BEXAR COUNTY, DALLAS COUNTY. If you reside out of these counties, you can still find vaccination information by visiting HERE IF YOU ARE IN TEXAS, HERE IF YOU ARE IN THE U.S., or by searching your local vaccination availability and information.
- Check out this list of "freebies" you can recieve for getting vaccinated! Staying safe and healthy is always priority, but FREE TRANSPORTATION TO GET VACCINATED and free donuts are great, too!
The Service-Learning Excellence Program is currently trying to start a scholarship fund to support our outstanding and motivated students!
Current possible requirements include:
Students who have taken or are currently enrolled in a Service-Learning course.
We would appreciate any input about how the scholarship should be written!
Please email any input to email@example.com
Service-Learning Activity Footage
Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) when your Service-Learning course will participate in a Service-Learning activity (either in person or virtually) so one of our team members can document the activity.
Buy your Service-Learning graduation cord now in time for graduation! Click on the button below to purchase today! More information on the website.
Note: Cords will no longer be picked up from our offices as our team is working remotely. Cords are $14 plus sales tax.
Make sure to use the #txstsle when posting your graduation cords!
Juneteenth and Black Music Appreciation Month Events in San Marcos/Online:
- The Calaboose African American History Museum's Juneteenth Grand Re-Opening Celebration. Saturday June 19th, 2021 10 AM-5 PM at the Calaboose African American History Museum 200 MLK Drive San Marcos, TX 778666. Featuring the exhibit 100 Years of Black Business, Speaker Dr. Leonard Moore, activities for youth and adults, and COVID-19 tests and vaccinations. Free admission. More information HERE.
- The Dunbar Heritage Association Juneteenth Celebration. Saturday, June 19th 10 AM-7 PM at Dunbar Park 801 MLK Dr. San Marcos, TX 78666. Featuring guest speaker Dr. Raphael Travis, activities for youth and adults, vendors, and food by Soulful Creations. You can sign up for the Dunbar virtual Juneteenth 5k run HERE, register for 3on3 basketball HERE, or email email@example.com for more event information.
- African American Alumni Network Juneteenth and Black Music Appreciation Month Game Night. Saturday, June 19th 6:30-8 PM CDT on Zoom. Virtual game night to build community, bring out competitive spirit, and enjoy music from favorite artists. Free event. Register HERE.
- #BLKTXST, Texas State Institutional Inclusive Excellence, & Alkek Library Juneteenth Gallery June 14th-18th, 2021 there will be a commemorative Juneteenth gallery located in the IIE Suite, Suite 2-20.2 in the LBJ Student Center. Right across from the bookstore.
Even more Juneteenth events in Hays County listed HERE!
LGBTQ+ Pride Month Resources & Opportunities
- Get connected with some of the LGBTQ+ organizations at Texas State, starting with list and resources HERE!
- Check out some of the resources offered in the University Library's LGBTQIA+ research guide HERE.
- Referring to the flyer/second image, the Center for Diversity and Gender Studies posted it on behalf of Grace Houghton and Lizzie Haroldsen, who are seeking LGBTQIA+ college students and recent graduate authors and illustrators to contribute to a book of personal essays about the college experience through the LGBTQIA+ lens with a focus on diversity. You can contact them by email firstname.lastname@example.org, on Instagram @lizzieh.96 and @grace_kat, or on Twitter @lizzieh.96 and @_gracehoughton.
Stay Connected with our Service Learning-Excellence newsletter.