SL Student Video or Poster Competition
OPPORTUNITY TO WIN PRIZES !!
Winning Videos Will Be Published on the Service-Learning Website and Other Platforms; Win a $200 gift card!
Service-Learning Student Video or Poster Contest
As a class or group create a video covering the following topics:
- What is service learning to you?
- What community engagement did the class work with/for? What did that involve?
- What was the impact of your service-learning (SL) in the community?
- Do you think service learning is valuable?
- What did you learn from your experience?
We want to see you market and promote SL through your own experiences. Show us what service-learning entails. Videos can be as creative as you choose; serious, funny, dramatic, animated and so on. You are free to use a camcorder, smartphone, or camera to capture footage.
Mediaflo Support email@example.com Phone: (512) 245-5566 Alkek 108 601 University Drive San Marcos, TX 78666
YouStar Studio is a personal creative video space designed to unlock your imagination. Record your own original video content for a class project, presentation ...
1. All SL classes are eligible to enter the video contest.
A) 90 second video summarizing main points (think commercial).
B) Create one Poster emphasizing project involvement during the selected course. Poster will be accepted April 12th during SL Celebration, located at Minifie Academic Atrium in McCoy School of Business until 1 Pm.
3. Video must be appropriate for all ages.
4. The use of copyrighted material is prohibited in the video.
a. guide for royalty free music: https://creativecommons.org/about/program-areas/arts-culture/arts-culture-resources/legalmusicforvideos
b. Video must credit media source in video, if used.
5. Students submit videos via self-created youtube channel and notify SL in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line of email include course name. After all submissions are received, all TXST students will be invited to vote for the winning video on the SL website.
Video submission will be accepted until:
- Did participants answer topic questions?
- Were required credits listed?
- Content of the video
- Met time constraints
Watch the video from last year's winners here.